Bayanihan Linux 6 (codename: Diwata) Development

This is were we discuss the development of Bayanihan.

Re: Bayanihan Linux 6 (codename: Diwata) Development

Postby robinx1578 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Sir can I suggest if it is possible to include VBox in the next release of Bayanihan Linux. It might not be backward compatible in terms of Hardware but for me Its a good start to look at the future Virtualization technology. Majority of the recent pc and laptops today can handle virtualization.

Virtualization is being used by a number of growing population. It is also more applicable to those who would like to change OS without leaving windows. It is like letting our Kababayan to enjoy the benefit of both worlds. Virtualization enables multiple operating system to run on the same physical platform.

Im not saying this to convince you but i rather saying this to ask you if it is possible. Coz believe me i have no idea on how to integrate Vbox in new BL. My part here is merely suggesting the KUDO's of Bayanihan.

Why VBox? Simple coz it free.. just like Wine.. And its much better than the commercial virtualization engine base from this documentation http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/VBox_vs_Others .
robinx1578

Postby rage » Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 pm

there are some portions of VirtualBox that isn't free/open source software so distributing it might mean removing that part of the program. i think it would be nice if this were installed by default as an incentive for regular users to play around with virtualization although what would it benefit the normal user.

it is already very easy to install this in Bayanihan using the packages provided at www.virtualbox.org
rage

Postby allanregistos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:10 am

rage wrote:This is a list of software we include in Bayanihan overriding/updating the default in Debian stable:

1. Linux kernel 2.6.37/38
2. Mozilla Firefox web browser
3. LibreOffice productivity/office suite
4. WINE emulator
5. HPLIP printer configuration utility
6. bayanihan-themes
7. bayanihan-settings
8. bayanihan-skel
9. bayanihan-fonts
10. bayanihan-government-forms

Let me know if you want to include something in the list and we'll see if it can be done.

Hi rage.

Can we provide a bash sript or a python script with a GUI to let Bayanihan Linux join in a Windows NT Domain server as a legacy support for Win NT Domain servers and for Active Directory server?

This would be a nice addition.

Thanks.
Allan
allanregistos

Postby allanregistos » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:51 am

This forum is not active? :(
Is their any active forum/list or mailing list so that I can join.
allanregistos

Postby cs_tekkies » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:47 am

cguro mas maganda po kung gnome po ang gagamitin, para kung sakaling meron gagamit na gusto ng effect lalo na compiz, ay ready na po siya, tsaka sa expirience ko po, masyadong mabigat sa hardware ang KDE, tapos lahat po ng component iupdate, pati na ang kernel para sa compatibility mas ok siya... hehehehe.... para suabe ang lahat...
cs_tekkies

Postby xxxlam » Thu May 24, 2012 12:22 am

cs_tekkies wrote:
> cguro mas maganda po kung gnome po ang gagamitin, para kung sakaling meron
> gagamit na gusto ng effect lalo na compiz, ay ready na po siya, tsaka sa
> expirience ko po, masyadong mabigat sa hardware ang KDE, tapos lahat po ng
> component iupdate, pati na ang kernel para sa compatibility mas ok siya...
> hehehehe.... para suabe ang lahat...

Yucks, Gnome... I would suggest xfce or lxde. sa bagay, puwede padin naman ang Gnome at KDE for the beginners. But I would choose xface kasi nga lightweight.
xxxlam

Postby charlesfmoreira » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:05 am

Hi folks,

I'm Charles From Malaysia and firstly I'd like to congratulate you guys on developing your own Bayanihan Linux distribution. :D

I'd like to recommend Bayanihan to my relation but was rather concerned that Distrowatch.com describes you as "dormant" but upon registering here, I see you are alive and well.

I'm also curious to know of any plans to come up with a distribution based on the new Debian 7 Wheezy, instead of Debian 6 Squeeze, though I realise that in terms of resource efficiency, Squeeze is less resource hungry
charlesfmoreira

Postby Orion » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:07 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Sir, magkakaroon ba tayo ng entry sa website home ng 'work-in-process' para sa 'development'? pwede bang maging part ng development project?
Regards!
Orion

Postby pinoylinuxuser » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:23 am

Saan po pwede e download ang Diwata? Thanks
pinoylinuxuser

Postby futcoinsboy » Sat May 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Ano po gagamitin ninyong http://www.aionkinahservice.com/ Desktop Environment for the BL6. Gnome or KDE?
futcoinsboy

PreviousNext

Return to Development